Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January 30th is "Delete is International Your Myspace Day"

http://bloggasm.com/january-30th-is-international-delete-your-myspace-account-day


Recently, a blogger named Simon Owens became so fed up and irate over various aspects of the Myspace user experience, that he called for all Myspace users who were sick of the site as well to delete their accounts. I hope that this works. Although I am not a Myspace user, nor do I use any social network, I think that this would be a signal to NewsCorp, owners of Myspace, that their customers want better service. I will not go into any specific details about most of the gripes that Owen had. However, I feel that Myspace is one of the worst offenders on the internet for bad site design. Not to get too political, I really do not approve of Rupert Murdoch owning any social networking site. Tomorrow is January 30th. I will be interested to see how successful this call to arms will be.

No comments: